Restore Your Smile with High-quality Dental Crowns from Rolling Oaks Dental
To live your life to the fullest, you need teeth that function optimally and are free from decay, damage, and cosmetic flaws. The dental team at Rolling Oaks Dental believes no smile is beyond repair. So, when you have a significantly damaged or decayed tooth — and a tooth filling isn’t sufficient — porcelain crowns in Garden Ridge, Texas, can give your smile a second chance. Our doctors — Drs. Larry Dougherty, Ana Paula Ferraz-Dougherty, and Hania Alkudmani —use state-of-the-art technology and high-quality materials to deliver exceptional smile transformations.
Issues that can be resolved with dental crowns
Dental crowns are small, but they are “heavyweights” in dentistry. A dental crown or cap encases the entire tooth, reinforcing its structure and preventing further damage. A dental cap also covers up a cosmetically unattractive tooth to improve aesthetics.
Your dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Replace a missing tooth with a dental implant or bridge
- Repair fractured or decayed teeth
- Whiten severely discolored teeth
- Protect a tooth after a root canal
- Reshape a misshapen, uneven, or rotated tooth
Our dental crowns are created from translucent, life-looking porcelain that imitates your natural tooth in almost every way, from looks and durability to function. So, if you have a compromised tooth, don’t delay treatment any longer. Our porcelain crowns will restore your tooth to its pre-damage self.
What to expect from dental crown treatment
Placing a dental crown requires at least two dental appointments spaced within a few weeks. After reviewing your eligibility for a dental crown, your treatment will involve the steps below.
- Preparation: We’ll numb your gums and reshape your tooth by removing a small portion of the enamel. This step is necessary to ensure the crown fits comfortably and stays in place for years.
- Bite impressions: We’ll take impressions of your teeth to ensure our dental lab fabricates a custom dental cap that fits your tooth’s exact shape, color, and size.
- Temporary crown: Before your crown is ready, we’ll place a provisional crown to protect your prepped tooth. We use temporary adhesives to secure the temporary prosthesis, so be careful when biting and chewing food.
- Placing the final restoration: Once we receive your permanent crown, we’ll remove the temporary one, clean the area, and use permanent dental cement to bond the crown to your tooth.
A beautiful, customized crown can revolutionize your smile and help you feel confident again. Rolling Oaks Dental is known for durable, functional, and life-looking restorations. Contact us at (210) 880-4120 to get a dental crown today!